This permesso was created under the Salvini Decree to recognize heroes.
Who gets this permesso?
You could be eligible for the Permesso di Soggiorno per Atti di Particolare Valore Civile if you’ve performed an act of particular civic valor. The law describes acts of civic valor as:
- Putting yourself in harm’s way to save people from serious danger
- Stopping or helping decrease the damage caused by a public or private disaster
- Helping re-establish public order
- Participating in the arrest of someone who breaks the law
- Contributing to scientific progress
- Performing acts for the well-being of humanity
- Helping to maintain the country’s good reputation
How do I get this permesso?
The Italian Ministry of Interior authorizes the issuance of this permesso, at the recommendation of a prefettura. The Ministry of Interior issues an official authorization of the permesso, which you can use to request the permesso from your questura.
How long is it valid for?
This kind of permesso is valid for 2 years and can be renewed.
How long will it take to get it?
The amount of time it takes to receive this kind of permesso has not yet been established.
How can I renew this kind of permesso?
Information on how this kind of permesso can be renewed is not yet available. If you receive this kind of permesso, you may want to contact a lawyer to help you understand how to renew it. You can always message us on Facebook, and we can help you find a legal professional near you.
Can I convert this permesso into a Permesso per Motivi di Lavoro?
Yes, you can convert this permesso into a work permit.
What rights do I have as a holder of this permesso?
With this permesso, you have the right to:
- Stay in a reception facility and receive basic services. Your right to reception includes “material reception,” meaning food, medical attention and hygiene products.
- Work in Italy — but not in any other European countries.
- Travel outside Italy, using your national passport.
- Access the Italian health care system (SSN).
- Access the Italian public education system.
- Access the Italian welfare system, depending on which benefit you seek.
- Register with the registry office of your local comune, which gives you the right to get a carta d’identità.
This permesso does It does not give you the right to:
- Ask for your family to join you through family reunification.
Got questions? You can message us on Facebook.